Monday 24 March 2014

A Shooting Star

The first time I really remember God’s unequivocated presence was driving home from a weekend visit at my mom’s. I was crying in the car: partly because I didn’t want to go back to work (I was still working at the dreadful Nazi camp) and I asked God to help me, but I also realised that I was so sinful that I didn’t have any grounds to stand on, or ask for His help. There was no way that I deserved it and I told Him how sorry I was.

I was still wrapped up in my thoughts when I saw the most incredibly bright shooting star right across the full length of my front window. And with that, in the moment, I felt the words “you’re forgiven”. If the tears before weren’t enough, I started sobbing again, but this time out of relief and the most sincere amount of gratitude… To this day I sometimes wish for another shooting star… just a sign from Him… (although sometimes I can hear Him say not to focus on the past. His signs are still with me every day... just in different forms)

No comments:

Post a Comment