Monday 24 March 2014

The Mirror

On my way back from class one Monday evening I was praying to God and stubbornly told Him that I NEEDED Him to lead the way. I was NOT going to move until He tells me to! I needed to know His Will…
 
I looked up and in my mind’s eye I could see Him standing in front of me, holding up a mirror. I started jumping frantically to try and get around the mirror so that I could get to Him! At least He was there again but just out of reach! I couldn’t get over the mirror!
 
Out of sheer exhaustion I stopped and looked up – seeing myself in the mirror…
 
At the time I thought that He was trying to tell me that I had to rely on myself. That I had to trust myself and follow my heart.
 
It was only months later… when I was listening to another sermon that I realised that during this image God was telling me that He was already within me. I didn’t have to rely on myself. I could rely on His Spirit, within me.

No comments:

Post a Comment