Tuesday 25 March 2014

The Western Time Traveller

This was the very first DREAM that felt like more than a dream to me…

I remember reading a few days earlier that a person cannot remember the beginning of a dream. It always starts somewhere “midstream”. You find yourself somewhere with no recollection of how you got there. But this “dream” had a very significant start: -

A man was sitting in a car driving in outer space and his car was speaking to him: reading out the reminders he programmed earlier on. The car paused for a while and said: “remember it’s “so and so’s” birthday today. (I can’t remember the name)… The man looked visibly distraught and at that moment I realised that it was HIS birthday. But why would he program the car to remember his own birthday?

And then it unfolds…

He had killed himself 9 year ago… he wanted to kill off his bad self and become a better person. And his birthday was his way of never forgetting where he was coming from and who he was. Remembering his past and what is driving him to be this better person.

At that point in time the theme song from the show started and it tells you his story. How he killed himself and travelled back in time and now finds himself in the Wild West, helping all people, being a good sheriff… I remember at the time I was thinking: wow, I wish I could do what he did…

And then the chorus hit me:  “but if he only knew… if he only realised that Jesus had already died for his sins. He was forgiven and perfectly accepted by God the way he was 9 years ago. He was always perfectly loved… all of this was in vain….

When I woke up I could still sing the song… it was lingering and catchy; and it hit home.

No comments:

Post a Comment